As pre-planning becomes more and more popular, we are finding that people appreciate how much stress it takes off the family. They can also take comfort knowing that all of their preferences have been made clear, including:
- Choice of funeral director
- Church affiliation
- Funeral venue
- Wishes regarding burial or cremation
- The placement of ashes in the case of cremation
- Details of a cemetery plot which is already owned, or a cemetery where a plot is to be purchased
- Details of organisations, professional societies, clubs, etc. which must be specifically notified of the funeral details
- Specific important wishes
If there is anything in particular that you would not like at your funeral, these requests can be made known as well.
If you are considering pre-planning a funeral, contact us and we can make a time to go through everything with you. This can either be done at your place or at ours. Once you’ve made the arrangements, keep a copy of the plan in a safe place, along with any other important documents. It is also important to tell a relative or close friend that you have made the arrangements, and where the information can be found.